Trusted Frontpoint Reviews- Frontpoint has created a reputable brand and originally sprouts from online sales. Frontpoint was one of the first companies to hit the market with full services that are web and mobile based, which in return means there are no landlines needed for their services. Is this a good thing though? Let’s take a closer look at why we choose Frontpoint as one of the top five home security and automation companies in the nation and figure out if it is the right choice to protect your home.
- $34.99 Monthly Monitoring
- Self Install 100% Wireless System
- 30-day risk free trial
Get a FREE quote:
Frontpoint has created a reputable brand and originally sprouts from online sales. In fact, Frontpoint it the #1 company in online home security and automation sales over any other company. Frontpoint was one of the first companies to hit the market with full services that are web and mobile based, which in return means there are no landlines needed for their services. Is this a good thing though? Let’s take a closer look at why we choose Frontpoint as one of the top five home security and automation companies in the nation and figure out if it is the right choice to protect your home.
Frontpoint has been serving homes since 2007, being one of the youngest yet largest home security and automation companies they have created an amazing competitive advantage to their services. Many homeowners in todays day in age no longer have landlines. For home security and automation this is typically an essential utility needed for service to be provider. Frontpoint was one of the first companies to say “let’s cut the line and go digital”. Frontpoint in 2007 announce they were offering all services via internet or cellular data use.Reason’s Why We Love Frontpoint
In addition, in offering their services via internet, there are other great advantages that we think may sway you in setting up home security and automation services with Frontpoint.
- 30-day Monty Back Guarantee – No matter the reason, Frontpoint will return your money and break contract within the first 30 days of your services if you change your mind. This is one of the few companies that offer this as most are 14 days and still pay a re-stocking fee.
- Crash and Smash – Frontpoint has created equipment that is intruder proof when coming to attempting destruction. Intruders cannot simply destroy the products as they are crash and smash proof.
- Quick Installation – Frontpoint guarantees quick and easy installation. This is important when it comes to DIY installation guides. They promise their customers that there will be no destroying of walls or crazy wiring as it is all wireless set-up.
Although many homeowners do not like the idea of a DIY home security and automation system, many quickly learn how easy it is to install since it is all wireless. Another reason why we love Frontpoint is their efforts towards innovating on their products and services. They continue to offer new features that are industry-leading and advanced.Reason’s Why to Consider Other Option’s
Frontpoint, in general, is hard to step away from. With innovative wireless products, easy to install systems and mid-range pricing we understand why they have become one of the best home security and automation companies is such short time. Although there are the many benefits that come with Frontpoint, there are a few considerations to think about before signing up for their services.
- Eight Years in Business – Even though they offer great products and services, they still have yet to truly prove themselves in the industry. Being only 8 years in business they still have some improvements to make and show they can be an industry leader.
- Warranty – Frontpoint strays away from lifetime warranties on their products, unlike most other companies. They only offer 3 years on equipment, which makes you wonder if it lacks quality control?
- Hidden Fees and Upfront Costs – Most other home security and automation companies have very large credits (if not free) equipment in the basic packages. All Frontpoint offers is a $300 discount on equipment if you qualify. Upfront costs can quickly add up by adding other features and pieces of equipment to your package.
Overall we strongly feel that Frontpoint deserves a spot in the top five home security and automation companies to choose from. If dollar-for-dollar pricing upfront is a large concern, we recommend checking out other competitors but if you like the idea of DIY and wireless set-up, then Frontpoint is the best choice to choose from.
Offering everything from wireless indoor and outdoor cameras, keypad door locks, light controls and thermostats; Frontpoint offers many of the same products and services as some of the industry leaders. In fact, Frontpoint may have a step above the rest because of the wireless capabilities and not needing to rely on a landline. Creating a home automation package is very easy through Frontpoint. With a small selection of features to choose from, you can easily choose the perfect items that match up with your needs at your house.
Even though Frontpoint does not offer dozens of different products to choose from for your home automation, they have carefully chosen to offer what most homeowners are in search for including light control and wireless cameras. Their products do not come in “futuristic” touch panel displays at the basic package but they have one of the most advanced apps to hit the home security and automation industry.
One unique item that Frontpoint does include in their packages is water and flood sensors. This is typically a pricy upgrade for other larger home security and automation companies but Frontpoint decided to include it at a lower price. This can be a very wise feature to add on if you live in a flood zone and required to purchase flood insurance. For example, if you are out of town and notice there is a storm to surface near your house. Having the peace of mind that your house is not flooding through the sensors will save you sleepless nights and questioning whether or not to go back home.
Many homeowners look to other options because they do not like the idea of utilizing wireless functionalities and being dependent on Wi-Fi. While these are legitimate concerns, this is the future of home security and automation. Having the ability to quickly connect all your devices and move them on freewill has been an invited featured by most homeowners in search for home automation that is ahead of the curve.
Frontpoint offers a mediocre amount of different equipment to choose from. Not as much as some of the industry leaders but definitely a good amount to choose from. What makes Frontpoint different with their equipment is the fact that it is all wireless. Considering that all are wireless they do offer a large amount of products comparing to other companies. We found that most of their equipment was well built, user-friendly and not to expensive to lease or buy. Some key features of their equipment include:
- Wireless Indoor Camera – this camera has great viewing angles including over 50 feet and infrared technology in the house. This allows you to have a view of the whole hallway, even during dark hours of the night.
- Flood and Water Sensor – these sensors will send you a notification when there is flooding or a leak detected in your home. These are typically placed near area of piping and front doors.
- Freeze Sensor – in colder regions Frontpoint freeze sensors can detect and prevent freezing pipes before it happens. If the temperature drops below freezing (32 degrees F), you will receive an email or notification on you phone so you can do the appropriate changes to your piping.
- CO Sensor – if there are threatening levels of CO in your home, you will instantly receive an alert that will give you the levels in addition to location of the CO was detected.
Overall Frontpoint has a great suite of equipment that they offer. Although you do not have a lifetime warranty on the products, rest assure that these products are built with quality assurance in mind. We find that Frontpoint has been very receptive when equipment breaking and working out deals (if not replacements) of products at great prices.
Submit your review
I found Frontpoint on this site. I got my home security system in the mail the other day and set it up the same day. Frontpoint was super helpful the entire time. I love it. Good guys.
We have been Frontpoint customers for over a year now. We love it. No problems. Customer service has been helpful any time we've had a false alarm.